Beltane Ball

Caledonians took a break from war (and drama!) on the evening of 05/01/2007 to celebrate Beltane in Caledon Loch Avie, the home of my dear Cousin Eva.

At sundown, Her Grace inducted 3 Knights in her Order of the Red Rose: Sir ZenMondo Wormser, Sir Telemachus Dean and Sir Adso Krogstad.

Her Grace Knighting Sir Telemachus

Her Grace Knighting Sir Adso

Then, in true Celtic tradition, Her Grace lit the Need Fires. The flames leapt and cavorted against the hills of Loch Avie, as did the revelers! Our dance was aided in the fabulous Maypole created by Miss Kate Nicholas and scripted by Sir ZenMondo - it is truly a work of art!

Me by the Need Fires

The highlight of the evening for me, however, was when I brought my dear friend Sir Edward Pearse on air...so he could propose to his lady, Christine McAllister. Thank goodness she said "yes"! :-)

Thus ended Caledon's first "official" celebration of Beltane. I do believe we all were moved by the spirits in Loch Avie that night.

Comments

I myself am pleased to see the ancient holidays being kept in Caledon, with my Imbolc and Spring Equinox/St. Patrick's Day balls, and Lady Eva's Beltane ball. I hope to do a Midsummer's Ball, if I can return to SL by then!