Pirates of the Caledonian

On the spur of the moment this past weekend, Miss Fuschia Begonia (Pixie Extraordinaire) was struck with the fabulous idea of a Pirate Rave as an American Cancer Society Relay for Life fundraising event. She communicated this to Fearless Captain Paris of the RFL Caledon Team...who then ran the idea by me.

I absolutely had to do it - as the shadow of cancer has once again come into the life of the human behind the avatar that is Gabrielle Riel. My son's preschool teacher, who is an angel on this Earth recently suffered a setback after having survived a difficult battle with breast cancer 10 years ago. She had her second surgery in as many weeks last Thursday. I did hear today that the surgery went as well as could be expected, and that her most recent MRI showed positive results.

Still, I wanted to *do* something...anything. I commenced the Pirate Rave at 3:00pm SLT on Sunday. At 5:00pm SLT, we auctioned off 2 hours of my professional DJ services - the winner being Miss Hermoine Fussbudget who donated $40,000 L!!!! I was speechless...and that is saying a lot! :-) I will be providing a 2 hour gig of her choice in the near future, which I will also advertise on Radio Riel and on this Blog!

I DJd until 9:00pm SLT, and the music and revelry continued a good 2 hours after that! The fact that I have 4 hours of pure, unadultered Pirate music in my music library should probably earn me an award...or a ticket to a therapist! :-) Here is some photographic evidence of the crazy Caledonian Pirate party animals:

The "Good Ship Venus"??

Dr. Oolon Sputnik, Lady Lavendar Beaumont, Miss Hermoine Fussbudget and I Work the Pirate Beats

Madcap Pirate Revelry

I Gaze Longingly at Capt. Jack Sparrow

And finally, this amazing kinescope created by filmaker par excellance, Dr. Oolon Sputnk!



Arrrrrr! Avast me hearties...ye did a good thing on Sunday eve in Caledon Carntaigh - the evening tallied over $63,000 L! (Notice I am *not* going into details about the Duchess Mudwrestling event? Go check out Otoole's Blog for that! :-) )

Comments

wil kanno said…
totally cool clip