Touraments and Raves and Balls...oh my!

To say that this past weekend in the Independent State of Caledon was busy, is an understatement! (Read Col. Otoole's rundown on the non stop action this weekend.) The evening of Friday, May 18, my dear Cousin Eva Bellambi, Her Grace the Duchess of Loch Avie held a joint tournament in her Duchy. (Read Eva's blog about the event and view her slideshow!)

This landmark event was the first ever combined event between Torvaldsland, a Gorean Sim, and Caledon - all coordinated by Her Grace and one of the esteemed knights of her Order of the Red Rose, Sir Telemachus Dean. The goal? A fundraiser for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life Project. The participants and attendees raised over $130,000 L!!!

Eva welcomes the guests

The arena

Caledonian spectators (and Otoole in a skirt!)

Tovaldsland's "Laker Girls"

My Knight, Sir Red Caliber and I enjoy the show...and each other!

After witnessing the glorious battles in Eva's fabulous sky arena, the guests moved to the hills of Loch Avie for a good, old fashioned Rave. :-) The Ravers danced for many hours and included: myself, My Knight, Sir Red Caliber, Her Grace, Cousin Eva, Miss Kate Nicholas, the fabulously funny Lady Amber Palowakski, her beau Mr. Americanpsycho98 Book, our esteemed librarian Mr. JJ Drinkwater, Col. "Don't make fun of me because I am 50% the size of the Torvaldlander warriors" Otoole, Miss Frequency Picnic, Mr. Fourway Forwzy, Mr. Otenth Paderborn and many, many more!

Last night, Saturday, May 19 was the final Ball of the Caledon Spring Social season. Many Caledonians joined me and Cousin Eva at Coughton Court for the gala event!

My Knight, Sir Red Caliber made his DJ debut and we all used the ingenious dance card system created by Sir ZenMondo Wormser. I am so grateful for all of the Caledonians that attended, and celebrated with us last night!

The dance was so well attended that we actually crashed Caledon Carntaigh - bravo! The crash thereby continued the tradition of my Radio Riel DJs having to deal with a Sim crash during their very first gig...as that is was happened with Sir Edward Pearse at his first gig in Steelhead! :-)

Sir ZenMondo Wormser takes me for a spin amidst the dancing Caledonians

Sir Edward Pearse and Miss Hermoine Pennyfeather, Col. Hotspur Otoole and Miss Virrginia Tombola, Mr. Jules Whittlesea and Lady Unknown (sorry!)

Sir Red and I at the end of an exhausting, yet wonderful night!

And my final thought for the weekend...to my darling Red: I am so proud of you! You came through your first gig, Sim crash, technical microphone glitches and all with such style and aplomb. I am honored to add your voice to mine (as well as Edward's and Mitsu's soon!) as one of "the voices of Caledon"! We survived "the crash", and I am so happy to be looking forward with you at my side. Congratulations and well done my love!

Comments

Hotspur O'Toole said…
Col. "Don't make fun of me because I am 50% the size of the Torvaldlander warriors" Otoole,

Hmph.. I don't recall any of my brave Caledonian citizens leaping in there with me to fight those walking steamtanks.

And it's a kilt!
Edward Pearse said…
Hmph.. I don't recall any of my brave Caledonian citizens leaping in there with me to fight those walking steamtanks.

Had organisers remembered to bring the axes for those of us not having the benefit of previous sparring time you would have seen several.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement.
Thanks for everything, Gabi! A wonderful post about a fantastic weekend. One of the best in recent memory. For a slideshow of the tournament events your readers may take a peak at my blog, the
Red Rose of Caledon

Thanks again to everyone who made it such a success!

Great party on Saturday night. Sir Red survived all the technical difficulties with grace and good humor.
Now I need to find a date for Mitsu to crash the Loch. :-)
Hotspur O'Toole said…
To say I was disappointed is an understatement.

Only chiding, Edward. Actually, I plan to take Exrex up ot T'land shortly to spar sometime in the upcoming week. He felt similar disappointment. If you would like to accompany us, I assure you it will be a less laggy experience.

H.
To say that Tele and I were horrified that the weapons creator did not supply the axes as promised is also an understatement.
I feel terrible that you and Exrex did not get to participate.

Many angry IMs later, Tele discovered that the weapon maker's human had been quite ill...

I will make it up to you somehow....Tele and I will plan to bring those interested to the Tland arena for a private practice match...you may bring whomever you desire to watch, I am sure.
Edward Pearse said…
If you would like to accompany us, I assure you it will be a less laggy experience.

I'm certainly interested. Let me know when you're heading over.