No Muggles Allowed!

The day has arrived: it is the release of the final Harry Potter book by J.K. Rowling! If you were a child when the first Harry Potter book hit shelves, you have likely lived several lifetimes since that time. To me it just feels like a few years ago that my human tossed the first two books into her carry-on luggage on a business trip to San Francisco in 1999.

But here we are! It's 2007, and we "live" in a virtual world where we can celebrate Harry Potter in a way we could have never imagined in the late 1990s. Please join the Caledon Library for a gala Harry Potter Celebration tonight from 6:00pm -9:00pm SLT.

There are four event locations to satisfy the whim of every Potter fan:
  • The Caledon Academy of Virtual Wizardry - Sorting Hat
  • Reader's Garden in Cybary II - Trivia Contest
  • Lovelace - Costume Contest and Dancing
  • FictionAlley - Role Play
The winner of the trivia contest will be announced at 8:30pm. Voting for the costume contest starts at 7:00pm with the winner being announced at 7:30pm. Event winners will win a lovely cup.

I will be providing the music for the dancing portion of the event, so get dressed up in your best Wizard gear and join me for what is sure to be a wonderful evening!

Comments

This looks to be a well thought-out event. I will try to make at least the dancing!
I wish that I could make the events, and I *might* get to the later ones...but Sting and the rest of The Police and I have a date tonight.
*winks*

See you when I can.
It was a worthy event for the celebration of the book release. I very much enjoyed the dancing in Lovelace.