The 2008 Snowflake Ball

This past Saturday evening was the Second Annual Snowflake Ball in Caledon Loch Avie. My Cousin Eva, assisted ably by Edward and Christine, hosted a magical event! The sparkling snowflakes fell on the snow covered hills of Loch Avie, as Caledon danced in the Conservatory and under the stars.

Edward, Christine and I at the top of the evening

I dance with Hotspur Otoole... just as we danced one year ago

The Stunning Conservatory - Built by TotalLunar Eclipse

Eva and I dance in a swirl of green and white

Looking from the inside-out of the Conservatory...

...and from the outside-in!

It was wonderful to see so many Caledonians and visitors at the Ball. I truly believe that events like this are one of the things that make Caledon so special.

From the archive: I found this photo, kindly taken by Sir Excalibur Longstaff at LAST year's Snowflake Ball in Loch Avie. I wonder if Sir Excalibur even *remembers* that he took this photo and gave it to me. :-)

Gabrielle of Carntaigh - Caledon Loch Avie Snowflake Ball 2007

In this picture, I am standing on almost the exact spot of this year's Ball - on the Western shores of Loch Avie. I stare pensively into the night...oblivious to the things to come. :-)

"In the Bleak Midwinter", by Christina Rosetti

First Verse

In the bleak midwinter
Frosty wind made moan,

Earth stood hard as iron,

Water like a stone;

Snow had fallen,

Snow on snow,

Snow on snow,

In the bleak midwinter,

Long ago.


Je vous aime tous.

~ The Nightingale

Comments

Glad to see someone managed to get some good photos. My brain was in thorough music mode and I completely forgot to take some pictures.

*sniff*
Hotspur O'Toole said…
I dance with Hotspur Otoole... just as we danced one year ago

(Looking back on his avatar pictures from a year ago and **shuddering**) Erm, I certainly hope it wasn't just as we danced one year ago. :-D

I was tempted to attend the Snowflake wearing the noob skin and hair I wore back then, but it was far to easy to talk me out of it.