It's baaack! Gen X with Gabrielle!

Once upon a time, I (Gabrielle) decided I wanted to be a DJ in Second Life. I approached the owners of T1 Radio, Trader Whiplash and Nuala Maracas, and pitched a show to them called "Gen X with Gabrielle". "Gen X", I said, was going to be music that was released (and/or popular) from 1980 - 1999...the years when Generation X ruled pop culture.

After several interviews, demos and discussions about format, Trader and Nuala agreed to running the show on T1 Radio, and on Sunday, January 21, 2007, I (terrified out of my wits) played the first ever "Gen X with Gabrielle".

During my interview process I had assured Trader and Nuala that I just wanted to be a DJ and to work for them. I had *no* desire to be the boss, and I was at their disposal for gigs...I just had these "once in awhile" Classical music events that I would play in Caledon...no big deal... *grins*

"Gen X with Gabrielle" ran on T1 Radio from Jan - June 2007. After Radio Riel launched on June 1 of that year, I moved the Gen X show to Radio Riel, and the dance at my manor Coughton Court in Caledon Carntaigh. Caledonians would gather there on Sunday evenings and get their 80s and 90s on! Gen X went on hiatus by the end of 2007 due to Radio Riel's busy (and becoming busier!) event schedule.

I revived Gen X in 2008. We moved the event to biweekly Thursday evenings and the venue to "Timeless Undeground", Timeless Prototype's club. And once again Radio Riel's intense schedule required me to put it on hiatus by the end of 2008.

And here we are - Summer 2009! And it's Tuesday...which means our weekly show, "Terpsichore Tuesday" in the City of Enoch. Each week one of the Radio Riel Presenters plays the music of their choice...as long as it's danceable. I have decided to bring "Gen X with Gabrielle" back to life as a part of Terpsichore Tuesdays. So, from today forward, the last Tuesday of every month will be "Gen X with Gabrielle"!

Join me tonight from 6:00pm - 7:30pm SLT in the City of Enoch (http://slurl.com/secondlife/City%20of%20Enoch/94/174/27) as I feature "The Hits of 1983", many of which were by bands that were considered to be the Second British Invasion. MTV was starting to really affect the pop charts in the States by 1983, and there was a lot of "new wave" music that hit the top 40!

If you can not join us, please tune in on Radio Riel's Event stream http://event.radioriel.org .

It's going to be a *totally awesome* evening. ;-)

Comments