Thank Goodness it's fri.day

Today I discovered a new store (new for me) in Second Life that broke so many of my comfortable fashion paradigms, I simply must blog about it!

I don't blog about fashion much. I think the last time I did so was for Skye Qi's fashion show that she held in Caledon Victoria City in the Summer of 2007! But fashion is my favorite Second Life leisure activity. I adore discovering new designers and finding gowns that have not yet been discovered by the majority of the ladies in the Steamlands. Perhaps I will bring down my "wall of silence" regarding fashion and discuss it more often here in my blog.

I suppose it is ironic that my post today is not even about vintage fashion, but contemporary. I am technically on SL vacation at the moment (yeah, yeah, what was I doing in SL if I am on vacation? Answer: Estate Owner business never lets you go. ;-) ). I've dressed myself accordingly for a vacation in SL in a teeshirt, a pair of jeans and trainers. I looked at my rather pathetic collection of teeshirts, all at least 2 years old, and thought that it might be time to add some new ones to my wardrobe.

When it comes to contemporary casual clothes in SL, I like classic simplicity. I don't want to look like a 19 year old in a tacky belly shirt. Simple, clean, LONG, tees are what I seek....and oh my goodness it's hard to find decent ones in SL! Until today!

Say hello to fri.day .


I found their main store location in the Friday Sim. Here is the SLURL: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Friday/167/129/32 .

It's filled with the types of casual clothes that I adore...simple basics! There are teeshirts of all kinds and in all standard colors. The mix and match and layering options are endless. And the tees cover your belly!!!


I have been wearing the same basic jeans in Second Life for...oh...about 2 1/2 years. Well, it's not like I wear jeans that often! Plus I can never find jeans I like in SL, that is until today at fri.day. They've got an assortment of leg styles (skinny vs flared etc) and 4 color washes of denim. And I bought some! My first new pair of jeans in SL in over 2 1/2 years. I also bought a red boatneck tee and some simple black pumps.


The clothing that fri.day offers made me so happy, and then it got even better. Their hair!!! Now I am a *serious* hair snob in SL. I have, with a few exceptions, worn *only* ETD hair for 3 1/2 years. Every other brand I've tried looks like a mop sitting on my head, far too big for the shape of my skull. No matter how I adjust it, any hair besides ETD looks horrible on me, well until today!

It's absolutely bee-you-tee-ful!


I was giddy with glee. New hair!! That I actually like! It actually looks exactly like my RL hair. I am now officially in love with fri.day.

Of course I was curious as to who is behind this wonderful shop, with the very high quality items at decent prices, so I checked out their website, http://www.fridayofsl.com/ . Look at the "About" section. There they are...the designers and staff...all with the last name of "Monday". So I checked out their profiles and rezdays.

Profiles are basically empty except for fri.day information. Most of the rezdays were all the same day, July 7, 2009. They own their own sim, which they have kept as an empty island with just the store on it. Whoever they are, they know what they are doing. And they've clearly been doing it for much longer than just three months. I'd love to know which designers these gals *really* are. :-)

However, it's not going to keep me up at night if I never discover who the primary Avatars are behind fri.day, because I will shop there no matter what from now on. Happy shopping to you too!

~ Gabi

Comments

Azul said…
I do like the hair sweetie. It suits you :)