Music from My Father

I (Gabrielle) am so blessed to have Radio Riel, its staff and you, our listeners. It is the culmination of my life long passion for music, and it is my goal to bring that passion to those of you that listen to Radio Riel. I've been influenced by music from different sources throughout my life, but the single largest influence on who I am musically, and thus what you Riel Audiophiles hear on Radio Riel, is my father.

Burke Riel (actual first name, my SL last name) passed away in August 2006. I don't think it's a coincidence that I joined SL in April of that year during the decline in his health, nor that my first time to play a show on air was in October, the show that sowed the seeds for Radio Riel. The energy that you feel from me regarding music, the love of it that I express on a regular basis, comes directly from my father, because I am exactly like him when it comes to music.

Last week my mother and I cleaned out his CD collection, a great deal of which I brought home with me for use on Radio Riel. Today's program is all from his Classical music. You will hear a variety of pieces, composers such as Bach, Mozart, Scarlatti, Puccini and more. And I think you will also hear the "ancestry" of Radio Riel. This is the music that surrounded me as I grew up, the music that influences how I play music on Radio Riel today.

Enjoy it. My father was as much of an entertainer as I am. He would be ecstatic to know that you find joy in his music today.

Radio Riel produces this program in conjunction with the Alexandrian Free Library Consortium of Second Life. You can listen to the program now at http://main.radioriel.org . Today's music originates from the music library of Gabrielle Riel.

For more information on the Alexandrian Free Library, current exhibits and the work of Consortium members in general, please visit the Alexandrian Free Library website, or one of their branches in-world.


My Father, in the chair, in June 2006

Comments

Thank you for sharing this bit of your father with us, Gabi. I was only able to listen for a while last night, but it was so lovely I thought about leaving it playing when I went to bed!
Wildstar said…
beautiful post, Miss Gabi