Ah, que je suis si fière de vous tous!

Dear Residents of New Toulouse,

I must tell you how extraordinarily proud I am of all of you during this exciting time for our community.  You have been simply fabulous. Planning and executing events for Mardi Gras, welcoming visitors to the sims who are participating in Miss Niki's Murder Mystery Hunt, and enthusiastically supporting the planning phase for our third sim, New Toulouse Bayou.

It has not been an easy road to get here, and I thank those of you that stuck with me after I purchased the sims from Mama Cree, and I thank those of you that moved to New Toulouse in the last year.  It's because of YOU that New Toulouse survived and thrives today.  I am so grateful to you all, because there were times in the last year when I wondered if we were going to make it.  I never publicly shared my fears because I am the type of person who will keep working to make something happen...until it's clear that it will make it, or not.  We skirted the edge, but I never got to the point where I knew it was hopeless to continue.

Those of you that stayed in NT experienced a shocking change in your Estate Owner.  Mama Cree and I are sooo different.  On about every level.  She's a gifted builder and content creator.  I, uh...so am not.  She was able to focus on NT at all times, and you had to deal with a new Mommy that was splitting her time between three babies: Radio Riel, Edison and you.  Mama Cree is laid back, a tech geek and quirky.  I was Caledon's former Prom Queen.  But...I also started and run one of the most successful radio stations in Second Life.  And I learned SO much from owning an Openspace sim and from being a Caledon Estate Manager for two years.  So, you didn't get a dummy...just someone with strengths in very different areas from Mama Cree.

You also inherited an Estate Owner who had a broken heart when it came to community in SL.  I wish I could explain how much I loved Caledon, and how important that community was to me once upon a time.  One year ago I was still reeling from my separation from that community.  I own land there once again, and I care about Caledon and I want to support it...but I'll never give it my full heart again.  I was not ready to give my full heart to any community last year, so if it ever seemed to you that I was a bit detached? That's why.

But now...here we are.  On the verge of growing exponentially in size.  A lively, active group of residents.  Oh my dears, we are ready to launch into something more than most of you probably can imagine.  The good news is, I've been down this road before, and I promise to do my very best for you all.

I'm a Yankee.  I've never even visited the actual world New Orleans.  I do not claim to fully "get" what Mama Cree started here.  But even though I do not "get" it?  I still *feel* it!  I feel the energy that rolls beneath the surface of New Toulouse.  Thank you for being patient while I have been learning, and making mistakes.  And be *proud* of yourselves!  We did this together. Take a look at this month's Primgraph (http://en.calameo.com/read/000004234ea0d22db246c) and be PROUD!

Vive la Nouvelle Toulouse!

Love,
Miz Gabi

Comments