On Gossip...

“The best ammunition against lies is the truth, there is no ammunition against gossip. It is like a fog and the clear wind blows it away and the sun burns it off.” ~ Ernest Hemingway

“In our appetite for gossip, we tend to gobble down everything before us, only to find, too late, that it is our ideals we have consumed, and we have not been enlarged by the feasts but only diminished.” ~ Pico Iyer

“Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down” ~ The Bible

“Scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.” ~ Oscar Wilde

"Some praise me, some blame me. I go the other way." ~ Mirabai

------------------------------------

I do not know how many times I have said this.  It makes me sad that I have to keep saying it:

If you hear something about me that confuses you, concerns you or angers you?  SPEAK TO ME DIRECTLY ABOUT IT.  I will be happy to talk to you.

Comments