Music! at the Aether Salon

I had the pleasure and honor of speaking yesterday (Sunday, May 16) at this month's Aether Salon in New Babbage about Victorian and Neo-Victorian Music.

I can now admit that I was utterly terrified.

Yes.  Me.  Miss "I can play for innumerable amounts of listeners and not bat an eyelash".

I was very worried that my presentation would be dreadfully dull, but attendees have assured me that they enjoyed it.

Whew!

Here is the link to the unedited transcript on the Aether Salon site: http://aethersalon.blogspot.com/2010/05/music-unedited-transcript.html

Here is the playlist of the music I featured in the presentation.

Artist - Song - Album
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Turkish March - Classical Treasures: 20 Classical Marches
Bella Davidovich, Neeme Jarvi - Rhapsody On A Theme Of Paganini, Op. 43 - Variation 18 - Rachmaninov For Romance
Geraldine Farrar - Chanson Boheme - Carmen (Opera)
The New 101 Strings Orchestra - Wine, Women And Song (Johann Strass Jr.) - Strictly Ballroom Series: Strictly Viennese Waltz: The Best Of Dancesport
Erich Kunzel & Cincinnati Pops Orchestra - Champagne Polka, Op. 211 - Ein Straussfest
Revels - Dargason - The Christmas Revels
The London Wind Orchestra - Holst Suite 2 in F: Fantasia on the Dargason - Wind Music of Holst and Vaughan Williams
Gus Elen - Me-riah - You have made a nice old mess of it
Gus Elen - Arf a Pint of Ale - You have made a nice old mess of it
Patricia Sabin And Michael Goldthorpe - I Dreamt That I Dwelt In Marble Halls - A Victorian Parlour Evening
Paul Roland - Great Edwardian Air-Raid - Gaslight Tales (2 Cds)
Sisters of Mercy - This Corrosion - Floodland
Abney Park - Building Steam - Aether Shanties
Jill Tracy - Evil Night Together - Projekt Presents: A Dark Cabaret
Beats Antique - Roustabout - Collide
HUMANWINE - Rivolta Silenziosa - An Age Remembered

Comments

Ceejay Writer said…
PLAYLIST! Was hoping for that. Thank you!

And you were very entertaining, and I learned a lot. It was wonderful!