Protection, Again


I stood on the balcony of La Maison Riel in New Toulouse Bourbon and looked up at the moon over the water.

Dear Moon, it's been so long. I am a little afraid. It's been so long since I have done this and the energy is so strong. So strong here in New Toulouse.

And I am tired. So very tired.

I closed my eyes and breathed in the strength of New Toulouse. Don't be afraid of it Gabi, I said to myself. Don't fear it. Ride it. Ride it like you ride the music. The music is so strong here.

Then, I exhaled.

I began to speak...

Hear me Knights of Carntaigh past, Knights of the ancient law.
Hear me dead Knights of an English tongue.

Hear me Knights lost in battle, whose blade did good.
Hear me Knights of old, hear me Knights of lost souls.

This night I invoke thee.
I summon thee to my arms aid.

Hear me Knights, a new cause be given.
Your body gone now spirit be.

Hear me dead Knights I invoke thee.
By your spirit blade I invoke you.

By your might I invoke you.
By your spirit I invoke you.

Come now, follow a new cause, I summon thee.
Each of thee I enlist. I invoke you dead Knights lost.

Hear me and come to my aid. Hear me and fight at my side.
Protect me and those I love from spirits' harm.

Fight our battles I say to thee.
Hear me spirits of Knights of Carntaigh, come to my aid, come to my side.

Protect me and those I love from spirits' harm.
Protect me and those I love from spirits dark.

I invoke you. I invoke you.
I invoke you. I invoke you.

I invoke you.
Let my army be done.

Let it be.

Let it be.

---------------------------------------------

Hail fair moon, Ruler of the night;
Guard me and mine, Until the light

~ The Nightingale

Comments