Team Ryan for Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis

A few weeks ago Radio Riel pitched in to help with a cause for our friend Mila Edelman of Old Time Prims: the Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis. We were please to provide a 1920s soundtrack all weekend during the event.

You can learn about all of the event details here at: http://www.oldtimeprims.com/teamryan

As a part of the weekend of events, Mila and her nephew Ryan discussed what it is like to be diagnosed with arthritis in childhood and how it has affected their lives. They held this discussion live in Second Life and they also recorded it so the people that were unable to attend can view it at any time.

Here it is!



This is an important topic for me personally, which is why I wanted to help with this project.

My sister, my dad and I all came down with a summer flu in 1981, when he was 40. My sister and I got better. My dad got rheumatoid arthritis.

He lived with it for 25 years until he died at 65 in 2006. It affected him and our family. In some ways it ruled our lives, I am 44 now and I can not imagine what my life would be like if it had been me getting rheumatoid arthritis at 40.

You can still live your life, but the arthritis is there, always. Most people have no idea what that is like, unless they are dealing with a debilitating condition themselves or have a loved one that is.

Therefore, Radio Riel and I were pleased to play a small part in the Team Ryan project and we are thrilled with its success!

Comments