St John Tea Transcripts - 12/17/2014


[18:01] Gabrielle Riel: The clock has struck 6! I am going to get started!

[18:02] Gabrielle Riel: Welcome everyone to tea this evening. This is going to be about 30 minutes. A brainstorming session.

[18:02] Gabrielle Riel: Before we start, I'd like to welcome Misses Kate and Kudra to St John. They have both moved in recently. :-)

[18:02] Harley (harleymihnea): Welcome to St John!

[18:03] Kudra (kudrabeat): thank you

[18:03] Kate Michigan (katelynn.inglewood): thank you

[18:04] Gabrielle Riel: You've arrived right as we are about to celebrate our first anniversary as an estate.

[18:04] Gabrielle Riel: A year ago right now? I was tearing down Witchport and building this sim!

[18:05] Gabrielle Riel: Our launch parties were New Year's Eve parties.

[18:05] Gabrielle Riel: And I opened leasing to the public on Jan 1, 2014.

[18:06] Gabrielle Riel: I had no idea if St John would even work!

[18:06] Harley (harleymihnea): I love that you incorporated a bit of a magic sim to the islands here, in absence of witchport.

[18:06] Gabrielle Riel: Having Witchwoods stay has worked out well!

[18:06] Kate Michigan (katelynn.inglewood): the things you miss when you go off line in Oct 2011 and don't return until May 2014..lol

[18:06] Gabrielle Riel: Witchwoods = St John Woods

[18:06] Faulkes Voronwe (dylanfox.petrov): I love the Woods.

[18:07] Gabrielle Riel: After my initial terror, something magic happened for me

[18:07] Faulkes Voronwe (dylanfox.petrov) conjures a cup of tea to sip on.

[18:07] Gabrielle Riel: I haven't felt so connected to a sim or a community since I had Caledon Carntaigh in 2006-2008.

[18:07] Kate Michigan (katelynn.inglewood): i was out exploring a few weeks ago, thought i'd check out St John and stumbled into the Bayou..and here rock and i are...smiles

[18:08] Gabrielle Riel: For those of you that lived with me in NT, I loved NT too! But this is different.

[18:09] Gabrielle Riel: St John is the culmination of years of work and relationships

[18:09] Gabrielle Riel: Most of you lived with me in NT.

[18:09] Gabrielle Riel: And I am honored you chose to move here.

[18:09] Holocluck Henly: Hello Miz Tilda!

[18:10] 'Tilda Brown (izabel.jonstone): :) hellow

[18:10] Gabrielle Riel: So....we have an anniversary to plan! I will tell you what my thoughts are at this point, and then we can toss ideas around.

[18:11] Gabrielle Riel: I am going to host a New Year's Eve/Anniversary Ball, here in the Edison Ballroom on Dec 31.

[18:11] Gabrielle Riel: I'm going to schedule it early....UNLESS there is an overwhelming vote for me to do it later.

[18:12] Gabrielle Riel: It will be Europe time - 12-2pm SLT, or something like that

[18:12] Holocluck Henly: nice

[18:12] Holocluck Henly: most people let out early from work here anyway

[18:12] Gabrielle Riel: I know most of us are North Americans

[18:12] Kate Michigan (katelynn.inglewood): i should be able to attend unless rl gets in the way

[18:12] Gabrielle Riel: But my days of playing 4 dances until 11pm SLT are *over*

[18:13] Gabrielle Riel: There aren't many events during that time

[18:13] Gabrielle Riel: North American evening will be *crammed* with events

[18:13] Gabrielle Riel: And I really don't want to "fight" with all of those.

[18:14] Gabrielle Riel: So - that's all I have planned so far! A "ball" during European evening time.

[18:14] Holocluck Henly: :)

[18:14] Gabrielle Riel: I am open to other ideas. Around those dates.

[18:14] Harley (harleymihnea): Exploding things!

[18:14] Holocluck Henly: I may have something EST at mine

[18:14] Harley (harleymihnea): Bonfires?

[18:14] Gabrielle Riel: Ok Doc!

[18:14] Ravenstask Bayn: fireworks!

[18:14] Holocluck Henly: yes when is the solstice bonfire

[18:15] Gabrielle Riel: I do fireworks - major fireworks

[18:15] Holocluck Henly: what time sunday

[18:15] Gabrielle Riel: I'm a pyro with a talent for fireworks

[18:15] Gabrielle Riel: The 9th Annual Yule Bonfire is this Sunday the 21 from 6-9pm SLT.

[18:16] Princess Selena (selenaanansi): \o/

[18:16] Gabrielle Riel: Yes NINTH

[18:16] Gabrielle Riel: Good god I'm old!

[18:16] Princess Selena (selenaanansi): nah :)

[18:16] Emmanuelle Huntress snorts

[18:16] Kate Michigan (katelynn.inglewood): not old at all...smiles

[18:17] Gabrielle Riel: Think about other SL celebrations you have participated in

[18:17] Holocluck Henly: I plan to do something 12:30-2pm SLT Sunday. LOL nothing period. just holiday tunes. glad yours is in the evening.

[18:17] Kudra (kudrabeat): i'm in hawaii so all of this is perfect for me

[18:17] Gabrielle Riel: What have you enjoyed?

[18:17] Holocluck Henly: mardi gras LOL

[18:18] Gabrielle Riel: I don't want to do a parade, because we do that at Mardi Gras, which is right around the corner

[18:18] Gabrielle Riel: And I won't have a hurricane :-)

[18:18] Holocluck Henly: not yet

[18:18] Gabrielle Riel: We don't have to have all the answers right now.

[18:18] Holocluck Henly: new years is about the eve anyway. everyone recovers on new years day

[18:18] Kate Michigan (katelynn.inglewood): mardi gras brings back memories...that's how i met rock...lol

[18:18] Faulkes Voronwe (dylanfox.petrov): I love the snow in the Woods. All we have in RL sleet.

[18:19] Gabrielle Riel: This is something we can ponder for a week or so.

[18:19] Holocluck Henly: it was 50s here. we havent had anything proper. I loves my wagon in the woods

[18:19] Gabrielle Riel: I am SO glad I still have Woods for snow. ;-)

[18:19] Princess Selena (selenaanansi): I missed the last time a parade was done... do those work better now?

[18:19] Holocluck Henly: even the wildlife likes the winter

[18:19] Princess Selena (selenaanansi): A anniversary parade would be fun

[18:19] Kate Michigan (katelynn.inglewood): the woods are beautiful but love the houseboat i'm living on :)

[18:20] Holocluck Henly: and laggy

[18:20] Holocluck Henly: and probably impossible with holiday decorations

[18:20] Harley (harleymihnea): I think the thing about a parade is the costumes. Maybe there could be costumes for the party, that way we could have a 'parade' of sorts, parading around the party.

[18:20] Gabrielle Riel: Oh oh oh oh

[18:20] Gabrielle Riel: I like that!

[18:20] Kate Michigan (katelynn.inglewood): not if you do it without all the decorations and do a parade on foot...

[18:20] Gabrielle Riel: A Seciond LIne dance!!!

[18:20] Holocluck Henly: what about your fireworks over the square like you did with mardi gras

[18:21] Holocluck Henly: with the proceedings below :)

[18:21] Gabrielle Riel: Second Line is just a small band and people dancing down the street

[18:21] Holocluck Henly: yeah NOLAs do them all year round

[18:21] Harley (harleymihnea): Because every day should be Halloween. ;)

[18:21] Gabrielle Riel: I'll have fireworks at the end of my Ball

[18:21] Kate Michigan (katelynn.inglewood): i was close..just couldn't remember what it was called...

[18:22] Gabrielle Riel: There are Second Line animations here in SL

[18:22] Gabrielle Riel: And umbrellas

[18:22] Harley (harleymihnea): kerchiefs and umbrellas

[18:22] Gabrielle Riel: I love that idea!

[18:22] Holocluck Henly: comes down to dancing with an umbrella or fan and kerchiefs behind a band

[18:23] Gabrielle Riel: Because it's simple and totally doable!

[18:23] Gabrielle Riel: Let me take a look at the calendar

[18:24] Gabrielle Riel: This would involve us dancing through the streets of St John Parish.

[18:24] Kate Michigan (katelynn.inglewood): i think it's a wonderful idea

[18:25] Holocluck Henly: random. someone leads like you and we follow :)

[18:25] Harley (harleymihnea): :)

[18:25] Gabrielle Riel: Celebratory and New Orleans

[18:25] Gabrielle Riel: Maybe we do the Second Line on New Year's Day?

[18:25] Gabrielle Riel: North American evening?

[18:26] Holocluck Henly: not too late :) 5pm?

[18:26] Gabrielle Riel: To balance the Euro time Ball the day before.

[18:26] Holocluck Henly: is that too early?

[18:26] Faulkes Voronwe (dylanfox.petrov): I will not schedule any classes for that night. They'd all be recovering from hangovers, anywya.

[18:26] Gabrielle Riel: Probably too early for most of North America

[18:27] Gabrielle Riel: 6pm SLT gets most people on the continent at home at least

[18:27] Holocluck Henly: sounds fair.

[18:27] Faulkes Voronwe (dylanfox.petrov): nods

[18:27] Gabrielle Riel: It's just about 6:30pm. So please think on what we might be able to do for the anniversary.

[18:28] Gabrielle Riel: IM, notecard or email me with your thoughts!

[18:29] Gabrielle Riel: This was just to put feelers out. To see what folks might like.

[18:29] Princess Selena (selenaanansi) thwumps a 100 page notecard on Gabi's doorstop

[18:29] Gabrielle Riel grins

[18:29] 'Tilda Brown (izabel.jonstone): you're thinking just one event for anniversary?

[18:29] Kate Michigan (katelynn.inglewood): lol

[18:30] Princess Selena (selenaanansi): I do like to go on and on and on when you get me started

[18:30] Gabrielle Riel: Multiple events

[18:30] 'Tilda Brown (izabel.jonstone): ok

[18:30] Kate Michigan (katelynn.inglewood): hmmmm....a community pot luck dinner

[18:30] Gabrielle Riel: I have to scoot and put my son to bed.
[18:30] Holocluck Henly: kk Miz Gabi!

[18:30] Faulkes Voronwe (dylanfox.petrov) only knows ow to make bean soup.

[18:30] Princess Selena (selenaanansi): Say good night to the Intern for me ^^

[18:31] Kate Michigan (katelynn.inglewood): just ideas...

[18:31] Mercy (mercy.warcliffe): night night

[18:31] Harley (harleymihnea): Good night folks! Nice to see you again, Gabie!

[18:31] Kate Michigan (katelynn.inglewood): tc Miss Gabi

[18:31] Gabrielle Riel: So ty all for coming! I'll post these transcripts and wait with bated breath for ideas!

Comments