Well St John, we had four wonderful days of celebrations! Now it is time for me to thank everyone who helped make St John Mardi Gras 1917 possible.
Thank you to Kitty for assisting me with decorations on public land throughout St John! Real life had me in its clutches this month and so this really helped me!
Thank you to Eve, whose parade scripts from last year made this year's parade the best we have ever had in terms of performance! Yes, we had occasional float collisions, but overall this was by far the best parade I have run in my 8 virtual Mardi Gras' since 2009.
Thank you to Ava and Bliss and everyone at Sugah's for providing top notch parties all day long on Saturday and Sunday! They really kicked off Mardi Gras with a bang for St John and I am so grateful to them for that, and for all that they do week in and week out.
Thank you to Edward Pearse for making time for St John Mardi Gras in his Antipodean schedule and playing at The Nightingale on Saturday night. It was great fun, from Pink Elephants on Parade to The Baby Elephant Walk.
Thank you to Zed and Ali for playing and hosting at The Cajun Queen on Sunday evening. It was a ragin' Cajun good time! Also BIG thanks to Ali for running our fireworks on Mardi Gras Day again this year. That added another layer of spectacle for the folks in Uptown during our street party.
Thank you to Fox Nacht for hosting, on Sunday evening, what I am now calling "Gothi Gras", something I hope that we make into a yearly tradition! If you have not yet been to the St John ByNacht sim, GO see it! Fox has created a wonderful New Orleans microcosm there. Her Mardi Gras/Sim Opening party was Gothtastic with wonderful music from Prudence Jekyll.
Thank you to My Guy for DJing the Parade Kickoff Party with me on Monday night. I appreciate your willingness to get on air with me, which I know was not easy on many levels! And thank you for dealing with me for the last month and everything that that has entailed. Mardi Gras 1916 brought you into my life, so I am glad we could celebrate that this year.
Thank you to all of the float builders, who included:
- Sugah's Team, led by Ava and Bliss
- Kylie Quinn
- Amelia Smythe
- The Consulate of Europa Wulfenbach with Klaus, Zanta and Wulfie
- Ali and Zed
- Pru with her Fellow Suffragettes Eve and Iliana
- Alas and Crispin Sturges
- Scout MacLeod
- Lisle Larsson
- Ladies Pleasure Team, led by H0neyheart
We had SO many "firsts" this year!
- This was the first year that I did NOT have to pull an all-niter the night before the parade.
- This was Fox's first event in her St John sim.
- This was the first time in a very long time (like 10 years) that I shared the microphone during a broadcast.
- This was Emma's first DJ gig, ever.
- This was the first time I had to manage Mardi Gras while sick! It was nothing major, just a cold, but it made it more challenging.
- It was the anniversary of Guy's arrival in St John.
- It was the anniversary of Pru's first gig.
Finally thank you to everyone who came out to St John to celebrate Mardi Gras over these last few days! I hope you had a wonderful time! St Johnians know how to throw parties and we do it all year-round so come back and see us any time!
Laissez les bons temps rouler!