My History - The Actual
I arrived in Second Life in April 2006 with an influx of actual world Podcasters. I was also curious about the applications of Distance Learning in SL.
I soon found the Independent State of Caledon and could never have imagined what occurred after that. I happily became a part of the 19th Century, Victorian, Steampunk community. Over time I became one of the original Duchesses in Caledon, helped establish a social structure and contributed innumerable hours in community support as an Estate Manager and active event planner. I also created and launched my radio station, Radio Riel.
In addition to Caledon, I have had the honor of being a part of the communities of Winterfell, New Babbage, Seraph City and my own estate, New Toulouse.
In September 2011, I returned to school as a full-time graduate student. I am pursuing my master's degree in instructional technology with a focus in interactive technologies at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. Upon completing my masters in December 2014, I will continue on to my EdD. I want to focus on education in virtual worlds.
My History - The Roleplay
* Loken Jewell, my Partner
* Lady Twilight, Serra Anansi, Seneschelf of Winterfell
* Sir JJ Drinkwater, the director of the Caledon Library
* Lady Soliel Snook, Marchioness of Giggleford
* Lady Azul Draken, the Champion of the Archipelago
* Cousin to Lord Edward Pearse, Earl of Primbroke, Duke of Argylle
* Cousin to Eva Bellambi, Lady of Skye
* Distant cousin to Col. CronoCloud Creeggan
* Distant cousin to Lady Savannah Blindside, the Duchess of Caledon Clarendon
* Distant cousin to Rhea Riel
My chivalric order is l'Ordre de la Rossignol (the Order of the Nightingale).
I was born and raised in Caledon. I became Duchess of Carntaigh after the deaths of my parents when I was only 18. I am now 28 years old.
Note to Non-Roleplayers: I do NOT require nor insist that you refer to me in a specific manner. If you like to roleplay, then feel free to refer to me as Lady Gabrielle or Your Grace. I also go by Madame Prim Minister or Miss Riel. My friends call me Gabi. Any of these options work for me!